Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
Spend all day hacking on the APIs you love.
Learn about new APIs to play with.
Have an API? Pitch it here.
Eat free food all day.
API Developer Day is a one-day event to celebrate APIs and the amazing things we can build with them. Find a team or go solo, meet new local developers and API teams, get coding support, collect swag, build the best thing you can in one day and demo it to the group. It's free and food and drink is provided. We're taking over TechHub (right near Old Street underground stop)!
We'll have some short technical lightning talks in the morning so you can learn about some new APIs and ask questions from the people that build them. Want to pitch your API? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot. If you have an app idea and need a team member, or don't have a team yet but want to join one, we'll have an idea pitch session too. Then go code - any language or platform you want, just use APIs and build something awesome. At the end of the day demo what you built and even win some prizes.
We'll have prizes for:
- Best Mobile App
- Most Innovative Use of APIs
- Best App for Social Good
And stay tuned for more!
9:00 am: Doors Open! Breakfast, Socializing and Idea Pitch Sessions - Find a Team!
9:20 am: Lightning Talks - API Pitch Session
Presenters from API teams get 5 minutes to do a technical, live-coding demo of their API and why you should use it to build an app today. Wanna pitch? Email email@example.com for a spot.
- Twitter: Special demo from Twitter Engineering Manager Thomas Woolway
- Pusher: Realtime events API http://pusher.com/
- Nestoria: Real-estate listings and prices API http://nestoria.com
- Apigee: OAuth API http://developer.apigee.com/
- BlueVia: Network services APIs (SMS, MMS, Location, Payment, more!) https://bluevia.com/
- Datasift: Realtime data from social sources http://datasift.com/
- SoundCloud: Social sound platform http://soundcloud.com/
- Phono: jQuery phone plugin http://phono.com/
10:00 am: Start Coding!
12:00 pm: Lunch Served
4:45 pm: Demo Your Apps
5:30 pm: Prizes Awarded to Best Apps